Blogs & Articles
October 11, 2021
Rodents: Furry Friends & Others
FURRY FRIENDS & OTHER HORRIBLE CREATURES.
Finally, we are all breathing a sigh of relief as South East Queensland has felt the cool change of Autumn slowly creeping in, leaving behind the record breaking heat which was summer. Goodbye annoying Mosquitos, pesky Flies, itchy Fleas and plagues of Ants taking over the yard & house & kitchen & just about everywhere else… but hello Rodents?!?!.
Yes its officially Rodent season, and the rats and mice are on the move.. into your nice, warm, cosy house. Yuck!!!!
As the temperature drops, Rodents to start feeling the cold and look for new abodes to setup home, create nests and source food for their ever expanding families.
How can you tell the rodents have moved into your place? There are a few obvious signs..
- Things that go bump in the night. – The scurrying of tiny feet around the roof, tiled or wooden floors and in some cases even the walls. This is usually the first sign you have a rodent problem.
- Poop. – Brown dropping about the size of a grain of rice in the roof void, around the house or in the pantry.
- Whats that smell? – Rodents are incontinent, they have no control over their bladders. So that unpleasant (& unhygienic) smell it most likely their urine. Not only does it smell horrible, if it comes into contact with objects or food, they quickly become contaminated.
- Holy Moly. – Holes, everywhere. Food packaging, Stored item, Boxes, even electrical wiring.
So you have all the signs of rodents in your house, before you go off to the local hardware store and stock up on traps and off the shelf rodent baits there are a few things you should know.
– Unfortunately Rodents are a lot smarter then we give them credit for. We may think that setting a trap with a little bit of food will be enough to lure them in, but 9 times out of 10 that probably won’t work.
– Rodents are territorial are therefore very suspicious of new items within their environment.
– Buying off the shelf pest control products will initially seem like the more attractive option financially and in some scenarios is fine. But what you need to keep in mind is that with an infestation, they will not always get to the root cause of the problem.
– Only licensed Pest Controllers have access to Quality Pest Control Products and are trained in their correct use, ensuring the job gets done properly without the potential harm to your family & pets.
For more information on Rodent Eradication contact Multipest.