Australian Standards recommend that your termite inspection is conducted every year and includes a visual subterranean termite inspection at your home.
This inspection can save you thousands of dollars in damage repair costs.
In South East Queensland 1 in 3 homes will be attacked by termites, causing more damage than fire or flood.
Your general house insurance policy does not cover termite damage and if undetected the subterranean termite can cause extensive structural damage to your home.
Annual termite inspections and/or a termite preventative treatment will give you peace of mind and help ensure the security of your largest investment, not mention save you thousands of dollars in household repairs.
Multipest fully qualified timber pest technicians perform the following inspections on your property:
- pre-purchase timber pest inspections
- pre-purchase timber pest & building inspections
- annual subterranean termite inspections
- infrared thermal imaging camera inspections (available in pre-purchase/annual subterranean inspections)
This Australian Standards termite inspection takes one and a half to two and a half hours, depending on the size of the building and the property.
Areas inspected on all inspections are:
- roof void
- all internal timbers & walls
- external walls
- retaining walls
- landscaping timbers
All areas are checked for:
- drainage problems
- ant capping
- high moisture areas
- conducive conditions
A written report (including recommendations) is supplied for each inspection.
I think I have Termites ... What do I do?
Here a few steps to take to ensure your home is safe until a professional arrives.
- First thing to do is call a professional. Call (07) 3390 1353
- Don't bother them. If you have found what you believe to be Termite issues, leave them, cover the light up (with some tape) and call.
- Don't go looking for more. We will do a full inspection of your house once we're there.
CALL (07) 3390 1353 for further advice or to book in an inspection.
Multipest only use the latest and best products available to protect your home or building from termites. We offer:
Chemical Treatment Zones (chemical barriers)
Multipest is Queensland's premier accredited Termidor applicator. We make sure that we take into consideration the surrounds and environment before applying the treatment. All of our technicians are fully qualified and hold current Queensland Health Department licences - giving you peace of mind for the safety of your home and your family.
$100,000 TimberSure timber replacement or other warranties are available on most homes after treatment.
Why choose Termidor?
- Termidor will not repel termites and therefore they cannot avoid the treatment
- Termidor will prevent concealed termite entry to structures for aminimum of 8 years for all termite species - a claim no other termite control product can make
- Termidor is fast - on average termite activity was eliminated within 4.3 weeks in Australian trials
- Termidor is less water-soluble and binds more tightly to organic matter in soil than other non-repellent termiticides (this means it stays where it is applied)
- Termidor has no effect on soil micro-organisms, earthworms or plants
- Termidor has been used in over 2 million homes in the USA and over 15,000 buildings in Australia since its introduction in 2002
Exterra Termite Interception & Baiting System
Multipest is proud to be Queensland's premier authorised preferred company for Exterra and we have a strong partnership with Exterra. We are excited to be able to offer an environmentally responsible option for treating termites with the Exterra system.
$100,000 manufacturer's timber replacement warranties available on most homes.
Read more on Exterra here.
...and systems for renovating exiting buildings & pre-construction:
Altis is a patented reticulation system designed to treat the area under concrete slabs, for protection against subterranean termites, and the area around the external perimeter of structures to prevent termites from entering the outside of the building. Altis is installed prior to any concreting, paving etc.
Altis is ideal for external pathways, driveways and patios added on to existing homes.
HomeGuard is the only physical termite barrier that has been offically registered by the Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority.
HomeGuard is the only physical termite barrier proven to block, repel and kill on contact all of Australia's subterranean termites - the triple whammy! And what's more, it will go on stopping, repelling and killing termites for the long term.
With annual termite inspections, HomeGuard will continue to deliver peace of mind.
HomeGuard is ideal for any pre-construction or renovation needs and is ideal for all builders, bathroom renovators etc.