It is a common knowledge across all businesses, regardless of industry, that good staff can make or break you. For instance, have you ever been to your favorite coffee shop, only to be greeted by a new barista, who isn't quiet up to scratch. It can be an instant put off. The same applies to our choice of trades people, the trusted electricians, plumbers, pest controllers you let into your home, to carry out what you know will be quality work.
So how do you tell the good from the bad when it comes to pest control technicians? How about starting with a little background knowledge into the training that is involved in developing one of Multipests knowledgeable, professional & hard working technicians.
- Hiring Process - When it comes to the selection process, Multipest seeks out potential trainees with good morals, excellent work ethic and the big one... no industry experience. The benefits of this, we are starting on a clean slate, without bad habits that may have been picked up by previous employers. Our technicians are trained the right way, the first time.
- Traineeships - aka doing the hard yards. All new pest control technicians start as trainees. They spend a minimum 12 months working as an offsider for one of our fully qualified, experienced, senior Timber Pest Technicians.
- Formal Training - All trainees undertake formal training via a Registered Training Organisation. This comprises of two blocks of face to face training, onsite practical assessment & written assessment. To become a full qualified Timber Pest Inspector, all technicians must first successfully complete their Pest Controller & Termite Management courses. This whole process can take up to 2 years.
- More Hard Work - Now that our Technicians are trained & licenced, they can sit back and relax right? Wrong. In addition to their labour intensive workloads, Our Technicians are constantly learning. Whether this is through product specific training courses with our suppliers, toolbox talks in house, research or further study, there is always an opportunity to advance their skill sets.
- Workplace Environment- Promoting a positive workplace environment, providing opportunities for personal development, commission incentives, ongoing support. Multipest aims to keep our staff happy and positive, which translates to a better service and product for our valued customers.